Bone Health: A Fracture Liaison Service (FLS) is a coordinated preventive care model which operates under the supervision of bone health specialists and collaborates with the patient’s primary care physician to coordinate post-fracture care. FLS programs recognize that patients who have fractures are at a higher risk for future fractures. These programs greatly reduce the number of fractures and achieve cost savings by identifying and appropriately treating post-fracture patients.
- The silent disease – You’ll rarely see any symptoms
- 1 and 2 women and 1 and 4 men over 50 will fracture a bone because of Osteoporosis
- 50% of patients with hip fracture will never go home
- The bones often affected are the hips, spine
- 25% of those who fracture a hip die within 6 months
THE FLS PROGRAM IS DESIGNED TO:
- Close the care gap for fracture patients, 80% of whom are never offered screening and/or treatment for osteoporosis.
- Enhance communication between healthcare providers by providing a care pathway for the treatment of fragility fracture patients.
Our certified FLS program is designed to coordinate and act as the link between the patient and the fall prevention services, orthopedic, and osteoporosis teams. It will ensure all patients presenting with fragility fractures receive fracture risk assessment and treatment when appropriate.
The service will be comprised of a dedicated caseworker, often a clinical nurse specialist, who works to achieve pre-agreed protocols.
DID YOU KNOW:
- FLS programs are a proven model for fragility fracture prevention
- 50% of hip fracture patients have had a prior fragility fracture
- All patients greater than 50 years old with fractures are at greater risk for future fractures
- Up to 25% of hip fractures can be avoided by following a preventive care model such as FLS
For more information contact our FLS Coordinator at
Just because you are getting older doesn’t mean you have to feel old.
Many of the symptoms we have come to accept as just part of aging may be caused by nutritional, hormonal, metabolic, or growth hormone deficiencies. If you are suffering from symptoms related to a deficiency of any of these issues, age-management treatment can help.
BFHC Medical Group now offers nutritional, vitamin and supplement therapy, weight management, and bio-identical hormone therapies, utilizing injectable, pellet, and trans-dermal options. Dr. Reyes and his team of providers use laboratory testing and physical evaluation to assess your current hormone levels and address your symptoms with a customized treatment plan.
This thorough evaluation may uncover untreated medical issues or hormone deficiencies such as:
- Low or absent testosterone
- Estrogen or progesterone deficiencies
- Undiagnosed hypothyroidism
- Low cortisol levels or “adrenal fatigue”
- Low vitamin B6, vitamin B12, or vitamin D
- DHEA-S deficiencies
Anti-Aging Therapies Can Help:
- Restore Sexual Desire
- Improve Sexual Function
- Increase Lean Muscle
- Reduce Body Fat
- Increase Bone Density
- Reduce Stress
- Lower Cholesterol
- Lower Blood Pressure
- Accelerate Healing
LOOKING FOR MORE INFORMATION?
We are happy to talk to you about our services. Reach out to us to learn more!